This is one of the best keto & Low Carb Chicken Breast recipes around. It’s easy, it’s frugal, and it’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Make it tonight!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 Minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes | Servings: 4 People | Calories: 485.71kcal
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 slices bacon
Let’s start by preheating the oven to 375°F.
Prep the Chicken
- Time to do a little surgery on those chicken breasts. Freakishly large or otherwise.
- So put them on a cutting board. Now get a really sharp knife and you’re going to cut a pocket into the side of each breast. Make it as close to the middle as you can and don’t cut all the way through the back.
- Put the paprika, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder into a small bowl and mix it up well.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over both sides of all the chicken breasts.
Make the Stuffing
- Now grab a small mixing bowl. Put the cream cheese into the bowl and stir it up a little bit.
- Then throw the Parmesan cheese, the minced garlic, and the rest of the sea salt into the bowl and mix all that up really well.
- Drain the mushrooms and chop them up. Leave them in big chunks. Add mix those into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into quarters. Now get a spoon and put the mixture into the pockets you cut into the sides of the chicken breasts.
- Try to tuck it into the back of the pocket as much as possible. It will start to melt and run out a little during baking, so don’t give it a head start.
- Now go get those bacon strips. Cut them each into 2 pieces. So instead of 4 long strips, you now have 8 shorter strips.
- Take 2 of those shorter strips and wrap them around one of the chicken breasts. I try to cover up as much of the opening of the pocket as I can. That helps some with the escaping cream cheese mixture.
- When you’ve got them wrapped up, put those bad boys into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and pop them into the preheated oven.
- Bake them for a minimum of 30 minutes. If you have the gargantuan chicken breasts, it’s going to take longer than that.
- The ones you see in the pictures actually took about 50 minutes. But start checking at 30 minutes to see if they are cooked through.
- When the chicken is done you can turn on the broiler to crisp up the bacon if you want to. I usually want to…
Calories: 485.71kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.25g | Protein: 55.67g | Fat: 26.26g | Fiber: 1.02g | Net Carbs: 3.23g